Conceiving is a problem that many women face, especially in today’s fast paced world. If you are one of those women, here are 10 useful tips on how to get pregnant more easily:
1. Keep a healthy diet
If you want to keep your reproductive system healthy and increase your chances of conceiving, you should make some dietary changes:
- Eat more alkaline foods like milk, peas, and bean sprouts as they will give you better chances of getting pregnant.
2. Use Supplements
- Multi-vitamin supplements are a great addition to your diet if you are trying to conceive.
- You should use supplements that have folic acid in them because they prevent birth defects like spina bifida in your neural tube.
- Once you start using them, keep including them in your diet through your pregnancy, as they will supply you with the nutrients your body needs.
3. Visit your doctor
- Before you try to conceive, you should have a thorough examination at your doctor’s office, just so you can see whether you have any medical problems.
- If you regularly use any medications, ask your doctor whether they interfere with your ability to conceive.
4. Have intercourse regularly
- If you’re trying to conceive, regular intercourse is a must, as it will increase your chances of getting pregnant.
- Also, try to monitor your ovulation if you are planning on having regular intercourse;
- And finally, have fun and enjoy yourself.
5. Inform yourself on different sexual positions
- It is a widespread belief that sexual positions are related to the chance of getting pregnant.
- The most commonly used position is the missionary position, as it is known to increase the chances of sperm getting into the cervix and fertilizing the egg.
- Also, keep in mind that sexual positions are not very thoroughly researched by science, but there is no harm in trying to increase your chances of conceiving by trying different ones.
6. Timing is essential
- Timing is one of the most important factors in conceiving. If you don’t plan your intercourse according to your biological processes, you might miss your opportunity of conceiving.
- Try to keep a close eye on your basal temperature with a thermometer, since this is one of the most successful methods of getting pregnant.
- During ovulation, you will notice a small increase in basal temperature, which means that it’s the right time to try getting pregnant.
- You can also keep a menstrual cycle chart for the same reason.
7. Ease up the process
- The vagina is not sperm-friendly at all, which is why so many couples have difficulties getting pregnant.
- If you want to have a better chance at conceiving, you will need to create better vaginal conditions for the sperm.
- You can do this by avoiding fragrant tampons, vaginal sprays, or douches, all of which make the vaginal environment less friendly to sperm.
- You should also not use synthetic lubricants. If you still want to use lubricants, consult your gynecologist about which ones don’t cause sperm damage.
8. Stop smoking, drinking alcohol and coffee, and stay away from illegal medications
- As proven by many studies, caffeine has a negative effect on the chances of conceiving in women, but also on sperm mobility and count in men.
- You should stop using caffeinated drinks and foods like black tea, chocolate, and coffee.
- Also, don’t use any cigarettes, alcohol or any unapproved drugs if you are planning on conceiving. Cigarettes, alcohol, and medication can seriously increase the risk of miscarriage and genetic abnormalities. It is simply not worth it!
9. Control your body weight and exercise moderatily
- Women who exercise and keep their body weight in check have are more fertile and have higher chances of getting pregnant.
- Exercise can help you keep the hormones in your body balanced and burn your extra fat.
- Overweight women have higher estrogen levels, which means that their ovulation will be rarer and irregular.
- However, obsessive exercising is no good either, as fast weight loss can actually also lead to infertility and hormonal imbalance. The best approach is to try to keep a balanced exercise routine.
10. Have fun and enjoy yourself
- If you are less stressed and more aroused while having intercourse, you will have higher chances of conceiving.
- Too much stress can lead to irregular menstrual cycles and stop you from ovulating.
- Irregular menstrual cycles will only complicate your timing.
And finally, keep in mind that conceiving is not so easy as most people believe. If you start examining all the different factors that contribute to your chances of getting pregnant you’ll only end up being stressed and overwhelmed. That’s why you should relax, enjoy the effort, and stick to the advice on the list.