Loading...

Doctor Pulls Live Worms From Man After He Eats Sushi

Prev1 of 2
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse

In the United Kingdom, the sushi retail market is on fire! It has an estimated net revenue of over $87 million! Sushi may be delicious – but it can also be dangerous.

A man from Portugal, age 32, enjoyed some slices of raw fish served by a Japanese restaurant.

He suffered abdominal pain for about a week after eating the fish and went to the hospital.

worm in stomach
Image Credit: Pixabay

Using an endoscope, the doctors found the source of his discomfort, and it will gross you out! The man had a parasitic worm infection!

Several of the worms had even started to burrow into the lining of his gut – which can be life-threatening!

Raw fish, like Sushi, can contain tiny worms and if eaten cause a condition called anisakiasis (aka herring worm disease).

worm in stomach

Continue Reading on Page 2

Prev1 of 2
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse

Loading...