Doctor Pulls Live Worms From Man After He Eats Sushi

2 of 2Next
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse

A severe case of anisakiasis may cause an anaphylactic reaction which could be fatal.

Luckily the doctors were able to remove all of the worms from the man’s gut with a specialized tool, and he soon recovered.

So, the moral of this story is to be careful about eating sushi.

worm in stomach
Image Credit: N/A

According to the CDC, symptoms of anisakiasis include nausea, vomiting, abdominal distension, diarrhea, blood and mucous in stool, mild fever, and abdominal pain.

Loading...

If that wasn’t enough to scare you – some experts say that people who eat a lot of sushi put themselves at higher risk for mercury poisoning (which can cause heart disease and brain issues like decreased cognitive performance).

worm in stomach
Image Credit: N/A

The best way to prevent anisakiasis is to cook your fish before eating it.

Share away, people.

2 of 2Next
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse

Loading...